Not many people think highly of the sequel to The Lion King but this scene broke my heart the first time I saw it. Nuka was the oldest of his family, and as the oldest he was meant to look out for his siblings; obviously something he didn’t like doing at all because his little brother was the ‘chosen one’. He laments out loud why isn’t he the chosen one? He’s the oldest, he feels he’s the smartest, and his mother puts all of her (albeit twisted) love into his younger brother, bypassing him entirely. He would do absolutely anything to make his mother proud of him, to get one singular word of praise. That’s all he wanted, her to smile at him, to maybe even say she loved him because I doubt she ever said that to him.
He died trying to make her proud, he gave everything he had and I think too late she realized what she lost which only went to fuel her madness for revenge against Simba even more. Her first born, crushed to death by falling logs before her eyes and his last words to her is an apology. Not a goodbye, but an apology for not being good enough for her.
DON’T CARE WHAT YOU ALL SAY.
THIS WAS SADDER TO ME THAN MUFASA’S DEATH.
AND THEN IN THE UNCUT VERSION.
HE WAS HAPPY THAT HE GOT HER ATTENTION.
THAT WAS JUST SO MESSED UP
IT BROKE ME.
MY HEART WHY.
(And another one of the reasons that I will always love The Lion King 2 is that the villains were so humanized - which is funny considering that they’re, you know, lions - but THESE GUYS HERE. I FELT FOR THEM. AND ZIRA WAS A TERRIBLE
PERSONLION, BUT SHE STILL CARED.)
HOLD UP. THERE WAS AN UNCUT VERSION?! OH GAWD, I WANT TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCESSS
I need this uncut version
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Nbt9Mr-Ss
(Source: maldoraan)47,849 notes
- serendipitousdarling likes this
- sexinachurch reblogged this from vaudevillian-villainess
- howlingwolf08 likes this
- vaudevillian-villainess reblogged this from queerheretic
- greenwolfkate reblogged this from princessgustopher
- vchhh likes this
- fluffybonbons reblogged this from traumaddict
- consolationsofbeing likes this
- nocheerios reblogged this from wayfaring-wisconsin-stranger
- wayfaring-wisconsin-stranger reblogged this from nalomaxie
- nalomaxie reblogged this from crescentrax
- ummmmm-what reblogged this from teamceleries
- eternallyonfire likes this
- teamceleries reblogged this from officialgarrusvakarian
- fandomsevrywhere reblogged this from fabulousanarchy
- thegirlintheimpala likes this
- lizzirckwll likes this
- tooawkwardtobegay likes this
- ilove-puppiesandsnakes likes this
- daughterofemptiness likes this
- fabulousanarchy reblogged this from maldoraan
- notthewatchtower likes this
- pardon-my-obsessive-tendencies reblogged this from healing-the-soul
- twohearts-onemind likes this
- supreme-weirdo reblogged this from jackfreak1994
- yaltha-the-fangirl likes this
- patmro likes this
- redirecto-luciforeal likes this
- traumaddict reblogged this from rangerwarrior123
- traumaddict likes this
- theforeverfan1 likes this
- fb-phe13 reblogged this from agentsofoakenshield1701
- animechik16 likes this
- suzigamihistory likes this
- dysfunctionsanddreams reblogged this from thegingerhermit
- the-opal-essence likes this
- best-wishes-in-the-afterlife likes this
- azura-fox reblogged this from lunarblue21
- agentsoffandoms likes this
- agentsofoakenshield1701 reblogged this from lunarblue21
- nerdcraftmc reblogged this from noratshere
- rangerwarrior123 reblogged this from kaijuemperor
- rangerwarrior123 likes this
- snakesandmagicandfabulousness likes this
- unamused-goat likes this
- tarrloks-butt likes this
- heartsyhawk reblogged this from lunarblue21
- kaijuemperor reblogged this from lunarblue21
- xanthera likes this
- lunarblue21 reblogged this from thinkingaboutsimbaspride